James is originally from North Yorkshire but has been based in London now for over 6 years working in the film industry. James's passion for film began at the age of 14 through the love of photography using 35mm film cameras, dodging and burning for hours on end under the Red lights of the dark rooms. James went on to study his BA (Hons) in photography at Northumbria University and this was when he realised that he wanted to see something more.
After years of on set experince James studied his MA in cinematography under the tuition of masters of the art such as Nick Morris BSC and David Schwartz. Since then James has grown in his profession confidently using many types of cameras, lenses and lighting, always achieving the look he and the Director are going for. James has worked on many music videos, commercials, documentaries, TV series, short films and feature films.
- Winner - Best London Filmmaker - Wimbledon International Short Film Festival
- Winner - Best Cinematography - Smart Screen Creative Awards
- Winner - Best Cinematography - Livelywood Pictures
- Nominated - Leeds International Film Festival (BAFTA Qualifying)
- Sony PMW-F5 camera (4K internal licence)
- Tamron SP 15-30mm T/2.8
- Tamron SP 24-70mm T/2.8
- Tamron SP 70-300mm T/4
- 2x SXS 64GB cards
- 2x IDX C95 batteries & charger
- Shoulder mount
- ARRI Rosette handle grip.
CAMERAS OPERATED: ARRI Alexa, Amira, RED Weapon Helium, Epic Dragon, Sony F55, F5, FS7, FS5, FS700, F3, EX3, Canon C500, C300 MK2 and C300.